Thursday, April 3, 2014

We finally got the pit up and can start jumping when come back after spring break. Yesterday, I worked on regaining my balance with my pole and building up my endurance. I also worked on the basics of my takeoff and turn. To work on my takeoff and turn I stand the pole straight up and reach as high as I can. Then I run a couple steps, plant the pole on the ground and jump up, letting the pole carry me and twisting my right foot over my left, which in turn twists my body. To work on my endurance and balance I ran 35 yards over and over with my pole in hand. I worked on running as fast as I can and planting the pole on the ground and jumping as high as I can. This will help me to gain balance and increase my ability to explode on my takeoff.

1 comment:

  1. The picture is a great addition! I've never considered all the intricacies involved in pole vaulting -- very interesting to learn.

    ReplyDelete