Monday, April 14, 2014

Finally in the air!

Friday was our first day in the air! Kalei and I figured out where our hand grips where and an estimate on how long our runway will be. Friday, my runway was about 54 feet at 5 left steps. To figure out your runway you stick the end of the pole in the box and grip the pole where your hands are supposed to be for your long runway. You then keep your hands and feet in the same place, turn around and run as fast as you can down the runway while your coach, or another teammate, counts your steps. For me, where my 5th left step lands is where I will start my runway for the day. For Kalei it's where her right foot lands. You do this every day so your runway is exactly where it is supposed to be for how your body is working that day. I feel good about how I was jumping Friday but I'm not sure how I'm going to do since we don't really have a coach this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment