Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Is the bad luck over?

Yesterday was our meet against Holt and Lansing Eastern at Holt. Opening height was 6ft and almost everyone cleared it with no problem. To begin with, I was having a hard time getting my legs up fast enough so I kept hitting the cross bar with my feet and back. On one of my attempts I landed right on the cross bar with my hip... I have a nice bruise from that. I still need to work on getting my legs up faster and holding them at my chest until I'm vertical. Then I need to work on turning. I ended up clearing 7'6". On my very last attempt at 8ft I spiked myself in the calf when I landed in the pit... that's going to leave a scar. I ended up placing second to both teams. I was only one miss behind the girl from Holt! I hope that I have finally ended my bad luck streak!

No comments:

Post a Comment